Whenever we meet a potential client we prepare a presentation for them. We share facts and ideas about what Welborn Social Media can do for their business.
Our presentations have been very successful. Get our five tips for a killer presentation
Upon the completion of our presentation, our potential clients have a basic understanding of social media, how it can benefit their business, and, often times, business owners begin to see the massive potential social media has to offer.
Here are some reasons why our presentations are successful:
- We alter our slide show to suit the business we’re presenting too. This is beneficial for two reasons: we provide a personalized approach which gives us credibility that we can take their information and use it to communicate using social media, and it gives us on opportunity to delve into the business to better understand the needs of our customers.
- We use lots of slides. Clicking through more slides during a presentation helps develop a strong, consistent flow of information to our potential customers. Instead of having one slide with a topic and three bullet points it’s much better for the tempo of the presentation to have four slides with very large, easy-to-read font.
- Conversation is a must. At the beginning of each presentation we explicitly encourage clients to ask questions. Throughout the presentation we ask a lot of questions and make sure they are understanding the material we presented to them. The presentation is less of a presentation and more like a guided conversation . . . our slides help guide the discussion.
- Our slide show is very cohesive. It has a set color scheme, a few font choices and consistently placed items throughout.
- While being cohesive we also have worked to make the slides more interesting. We have a lot of charts in our presentation to visually display some of the astounding facts around social media. We realized there were too many bar graphs and they became repetitive. By thinking of more creative ways to visually display information we’ve been able to make our slide show much more interesting.
Our presentation is a constant work in progress. We are always trying to improve both the design of the slides and the manner in which we share them.
We love giving our presentation to business owners. By the end they can see the potential for social media in their business. They can imagine the success it can bring. They can visualize the ways it can allow them to share their passion for what they do. Use our five tips for a killer presentation.