At the end of every year we like to sit down and look over everything that has happened at Welborn Media to begin building our plans for the following year. Just like last year and the year before this year has been our best year yet! Here is our top 10 from 2014!
10. Share Your Passion Essay Scholarship Contest – Besides our main goal to help business owners share their passion and grow their business one of our secondary goals is to help inspire people in the next generation to be passionate, hard-working, and determined. That’s why we help put on the Share Your Passion Essay Scholarship Contest with The Tutoring Solution each year. This year we helped award 8 scholarships. Reading these essays makes us excited for the future.
9. New roles in the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce – Joining the chamber of commerce was a great decision for our business and has allowed us to be more connected with our community. We’ve met some wonderful people and helped many business owners become more social with their business.
Zeb is part of the Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Treasurer & Head of the Membership Committee at the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce.
8. Zeb’s numerous Podcast appearances – Zeb enjoys interviewing guests on The Defining Success Podcast with Zeb Welborn, but it’s a whole different kind of of enjoyment when he is asked to appear on someone else’s podcast. This year Zeb appeared on the Join Up Dots Podcast, Golf Talk Live, The Scottish Golf Podcast, The Golf Club Radio show, the Friday Foursome, the Give Good Podcast, Selling on the Green, the Tropical Entrepreneur, the Dream Warrior Podcast, Podcast Shout Out, the Travel Wisdom Podcast, and the Beginner Internet Business Podcast. He was also interviewed for the website Golf Life and the Daily Interview. And probably a few more we forgot to mention. Sorry if we missed you.
7. Over 100 Episodes on The Defining Success Podcast – When Zeb started the Defining Success Podcast he had the idea to learn as much as he could by doing 100 episodes. Well he’s past that mark and still going. The lessons we’ve learned and the people we’ve met through the process have made this experience invaluable!
6. Welborn Media University – There is a wide variety of small businesses out there. Many new owners don’t have much money but they have time, energy and passion. We had these business owners in mind when we established Welborn Media University. We launched our first course The Ultimate Facebook for Business Online Course. The first class of students is working their way through the course now, learning the ins and outs of using Facebook for their Business. It’s so satisfying to witness them put our lessons into practice.
5. Speaker at Crittenden Golf Conference + Other Speaking Engagements – The Crittenden Golf Conference is one of the premier golf industry events in the USA. This year Zeb got to host a panel to discuss using social media at local golf courses. In the golf industry, Zeb has spoken at the California Golf Course Owner’s Association, a KemperSports regional meeting, and the Crittenden Golf Conferenece.
For small businesses, Zeb also had the pleasure to speak at the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, the Inland Empire’s Small Business Summit, four times for the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center, at Planning You Can Trust, at Baldy View ROP, to the California Real Estate Inspection Association, to Chaffey College on numerous occasions, at Sparks Middle School, Chino High School, and Roosevelt High School in Eastvale.
4. Became a Publisher – This year Welborn Media published it’s first book, The Social Golf Course: Increasing Rounds Using Social Media. Now only did we publish an eBook, but at the last minute we decided to publish in print as well. Lacey Welborn formatted and released the book. Now it’s up for sale on Amazon.com.
3. Hosted a Golf Tournament – To celebrate the launch of the book we threw The Social Golf Tournament. A fantastically fun event. We enjoyed it so much we may just need to have another tournament this year. 😉
2. The Social Golf Course book – Written by Zeb Welborn and John Hakim, Edited by Ann Welborn and legendary crime reporter Larry Welborn, designed and formatted by Lacey Welborn. This book has gotten rave reviews and continues to help Local Golf Course Professionals understand and use social media to promote their course.
1. Lacey got Engaged! + Rocky got Engaged! – The Welborn Family is growing all the time! In August of this year the handsome Ryan Bernholtz proposed to Lacey Welborn and she said yes. Later that month Lacey and Zeb’s brother Rocky Welborn proposed to the lovely Megan Hutchinson and she said yes. Lacey and Rocky are total Twinsies!
Another awesome year at Welborn Media and once again we are so excited to see what the next year has in store.